skip to main content

Council History




The New York State Board of Regents granted an educational charter to the Mid-Hudson School Study Council in 1949. Located in Newburgh at the Mount Saint Mary College campus, the Study Council exists as a non-profit corporation serving the needs of its member school districts in the Mid-Hudson Valley.

The Council is governed by a board of trustees consisting of the duly elected officers and executive committee members. At each annual meeting in the spring officers are elected to serve one year terms, and executive committee members are elected to serve two year terms. The executive committee is comprised of the members of higher education and representatives of the school districts in the seven mid-Hudson counties. Four to six executive committee meetings are called per year to oversee the direction, activities, and finances of the Study Council. In accordance with the constitution and bylaws of the Council the trustees appoint an executive director who serves as the executive officer of MHSSC.